The library is pleased to announce that we have trial access of the Jisc Geospatial Data resource until July 2019.
Jisc Geospatial Data gives access to maps and map data within the following collections: Environment, Geology, Historic, Marine and Ordnance Survey.
A link to the resource can be found on our A-Z resource list but here is the access information for you:
- Go to: https://jisc.geostore.com/jisc/#/home
- Click Account in the top right and then Login
- You will then be asked to search for your institution, look for Robert Gordon University and select it
- Log in with your RGU username and password
Please note the first time you Login you will be asked to accept licenses for all the collections we have access to. Please ensure you read these as there are restrictions on what you can do with the map data.
Once logged in you will see the following on the menu bar:
- Discover – gives information about the data sets included
- Resources – gives user guides to the resource – please explore these to find out how to select the data you are looking at and use the tools on offer
- Map – gives access to the map data and associated tools
Please remember the trial will continue until July 2019.