From today, 31st July 2020, the Dawsonera eBook platform will no longer be available. This is because the company have ceased ceasing trading and as reported last week there will be a short period of disruption while we move the eBooks to new plaforms.
At this time over 96% of our Dawsonera books have been moved to a new platform, VLeBooks, and the final 4% are being worked on.
All links on LibrarySearch and Reading Lists will be updated as soon as possible but while this work is happening you can access Dawsonera books on their new platform:
- Go to http://www.vlebooks.com/vleweb?id=RobertGord
- Log in, if prompted, with your RGU username and password
- Search for the title of your book
- Look through the results, find the book, click full details and then read online to access the book
The link to VLeBooks can also be found on the A-Z database list.
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and if you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
Dawsonera, one of the library’s eBook platforms, which provides nearly 3000 titles, has ceased trading. As a result, the RGU library is working with other eBook suppliers to move impacted titles to new platforms, which means links to Dawsonera eBooks on LibrarySearch and your online Reading Lists will be updated.
However, as this change has impacted a large number of universities and colleges across UK, the transition is a significant piece of work and there may be a period of time in August when these eBooks are inaccessible. However, we will try to minimise any disruption as much as possible and will provide updates on the Library Blog.
Therefore, we would advise that if you need to consult any eBooks over the next few weeks to follow these steps now:
- Go to LibrarySearch and search for the eBook
- Once you have found it click the title to get the full record and look at the View Online link to see if the eBook is from RGU Dawsonera e.g.
- If it is from RGU Dawsonera please consult the eBook now rather than at the start of August in case there is a gap in the access.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Sunday 13th May Dawsonera eBooks will be unavailable for approx. 15 minutes between 14.00-16.00.
This because of some maintenance work being undertaken on the internet connections by BT.
We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.
We are pleased to announce that the problems with accessing Dawsonera ebooks has now been resolved. We apologise again for any inconvenience.
There is currently a problem accessing Dawsonera ebooks, and Dawsonera are working on this as a priority. We will update further when there is more news. Apologies for the inconvenience.