We are currently experiencing problems with access to some eBooks on the UPSO (University Press Scholarship Online) platform when following the links from LibrarySearch e.g.
We are investigating the problem and will update once we know more.
While the problem is being looked into these books are all accessible on the UPSO platform and can be accessed by following these steps:
Go to the library’s database list
Locate the link for University Press Scholarship Online and follow it, logging in if prompted to do so
Search for the title of the book
Locate the book in the results and follow the link to access it
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and please contact the library (email@example.com) if you have any queries.
We are sorry to report that there are currently problems accessing the content within the Economist.
The link to the Economist website is working however when trying to access articles the content will not show.
We have reported this to the company and will update once we know more.
The ID and password used to access the OGEL (Oil Gas and Energy Law) database off campus will change on Thursday 13th December.
If you require the new details, please email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently experiencing problems access the Economist.
We apologise for the incovenience this is causing, we are investigating this with the company and will update once we have more information.
In the meantime there is a potential workaround which has had success for some students (although not all).
- Go to http://www.economist.com/
- It should recognise you are on campus and give you access without the need to log in
- Look down the page for the “previous editions” link to access older material
- Go to the RGU website and click Current Students at the top of the screen
- When on the Current Students page click Access to Apps
- Log in with your RGU username and password when prompted (you may need to download the citrix receiver but the screeen will guide you)
- Once logged in look for either Internet Explorer or Firefox and open them up – this replicates being on campus
- Then simply follow the steps listed for On Campus students above
The library is pleased to announce that we have trial access of the Jisc Geospatial Data resource until July 2019.
Jisc Geospatial Data gives access to maps and map data within the following collections: Environment, Geology, Historic, Marine and Ordnance Survey.
A link to the resource can be found on our A-Z resource list but here is the access information for you:
- Go to: https://jisc.geostore.com/jisc/#/home
- Click Account in the top right and then Login
- You will then be asked to search for your institution, look for Robert Gordon University and select it
- Log in with your RGU username and password
Please note the first time you Login you will be asked to accept licenses for all the collections we have access to. Please ensure you read these as there are restrictions on what you can do with the map data.
Once logged in you will see the following on the menu bar:
- Discover – gives information about the data sets included
- Resources – gives user guides to the resource – please explore these to find out how to select the data you are looking at and use the tools on offer
- Map – gives access to the map data and associated tools
Please remember the trial will continue until July 2019.