We are currently experiencing a problem accessing the Lexis Middle East Law database. We are in contact with the database provider and hope to resolve the problem soon. In the meantime, we can provide RGU students and staff with a temporary access route – to request details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Apologies for any inconvenience.
On the 24th August our booking system for rooms and classes is being updated.
The process will start at 1am and during this time room and class booking will be unavailable.
Thank for your patience while this work is going on.
RGU library is pleased to announce that we now have access to a new journal archive from the RCNi.
The collection includes journals from their start date until 2016 and covers the titles:
- Cancer Nursing Practice – 2000 – 2016
- Emergency Nurse – 1993 – 2016
- Learning Disability Practice – 1998 – 2016
- Mental Health Practice – 1997 – 2016
- Nurse Researcher – 1994 – 2016
- Nursing Children and Young People – 1988- 2016 (includes the journal Paediatric Nursing)
- Nursing Management – 1994 – 2016
- Nursing Older People – 1989 – 2016 (includes the journal Elderly Care)
- Nursing Standard – 1987 – 2016
- Primary Health Care – 1990 – 2016
These journals can be accessed from the database list under the title RCNi Journal Archive. Or alternatively the titles can be found individually on our main journals list which can be accessed from the library home page using the “Find a Journal” search box. Simply search for the journal title and then follow the links provided to get access to the journal contents
We are pleased to report that the problems reported last week with ScienceDirect have now been resolved by the company and PDFs and web pages should be accessible as normal.
However the company have advised that users clear their browsers of cookies before accessing ScienceDirect.
We apologise for the incovenience this caused and please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any queries at all.
We are sorry to report that the problems reported yesterday with ScienceDirect around downloading PDFs and accessing some pages are still ongoing.
Some potential workarounds are available but please be aware these have worked for some users but not all:
- While the PDF version of articles are not downloading, if you click the title of the article it will take you to the html version (if available) and you should be able to read the article.
- On campus try going to www.sciencedirect.com. As you are on campus it should recognise you as an RGU student without logging on and so you should be able to search for, access and download articles.
This problem continues to affect universities throughout the UK and the company is investigating with then to try and fix this problem.
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and will continue to update you as we know more.