Welcome to the latest update on RGU’s open access institutional repository, OpenAIR. If you have any suggestions for things that you would like to see in these monthly updates, or if you have any questions about the repository service, please get in touch with the Publications Team.
As the start of Semester One approaches, we hope that many researchers and students will be able to make use of campus facilities again. We know that the Estates team have been working hard to make the campus as safe an environment as possible. From the library perspective, we are hoping to operate some on-campus services during the semester, so keep an eye on the Library Matters blog for further updates about what services will be available.
Meanwhile, the Publications Team are still working from home and we do not yet have an update on when we may be able to offer training on the use of Worktribe’s Outputs module. We apologise for this continued inconvenience.
As a reminder, we have various information about Open Access in our online researcher guides. You may particularly want to read the following guides:
- The Basics of Open Access – for a refresher on what Open Access is all about
- Funder and REF Requirements for Open Access – for an overview of what certain key funding organisations expect from researchers
- Help with Payments for Gold Open Access – for information about the various discounts and waivers available through deals between certain publishers and the library
OpenAIR currently contains 4036 outputs. Some examples of recent additions to the repository include the following:
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/944019 = BATTAGLIA, B., CLARKE, J. and SIEGENTHALER, F. 2020. Bodies of archives/archival bodies: an introduction. Visual anthropology review [online], 36(1), pages 8-16. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/var.12203
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/915560 = SCOTT, H.C., CRADDOCK, C. and CRAIG, L.C.A. 2020. What features of a nutrition resource are important to adolescents of a low socioeconomic status? Public health nutrition [online], 23(10), pages 1716-1725. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1017/s1368980019004476
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/961801 = UCHEHARA, I., HAMMA-ADAMA, M. and MOORE, D. 2020. Highway sustainability construction: reducing carbon emissions using process management. In Proceedings of the 36th Annual conference of the Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM 2020), 7-9 September 2020, Glasgow, UK. Glasgow: ARCOM [online]. To be made available from: http://arcom.ac.uk/conf-archive-indexed.php
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/961933 = JOHNSON, F.I. and LEON, M. 2020. Identifying the immediate and remote causes of pipeline disasters in Nigeria. Global journal of science frontier research H: environment and earth science [online], 20(3), pages 1-14. Available from: https://journalofscience.org/index.php/GJSFR/article/view/2735
Each School is currently linked to the following number of outputs on OpenAIR:
Last month, in June, there were a total of 2971 downloads from OpenAIR. The most-downloaded items were:
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/311066 = GUPTA, R., PANCHOLI, K., DE SA, R., MURRAY, D., HUO, D., DROUBI, G., WHITE, M. and NJUGUNA, J. 2019. Effect of oleic acid coating of iron oxide nanoparticles on properties of magnetic polyamide-6 nanocomposite. JOM [online], 71(9), pages 3119-3128. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11837-019-03622-5
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/248273 = SSENDI, L.B. 2013. Entrepreneurship activities in rural Tanzania: understanding women’s micro businesses. Robert Gordon University [online], PhD thesis. Available from: https://openair.rgu.ac.uk
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/346544 = SETKUTE, J. 2018. In search of digital marketing communications success: the case of oil and gas industry B2B SMEs. Robert Gordon University [online], PhD thesis. Available from: https://openair.rgu.ac.uk
The above data were gathered on 27.08.2020.