The trial of Scopus, that began at the start of the month, comes to an end on the 31st March 2018.
We hope you found it interesting and useful and would be interested in any feedback you have about the database.
Please send any feedback you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the fifteenth monthly update on OpenAIR@RGU – RGU’s open access institutional repository. Please direct any queries to the team at email@example.com.
REF Open Access requirements
This is a reminder for all researchers: you must ensure your journal articles and conference papers are sent to the Library’s Publications Team within three months of being accepted for publication, in order to comply with the Open Access deposit requirements of REF2021. Please contact the Publications Team with any queries.
The repository currently contains 2,677 records. Some examples of recent additions to the repository include the following outputs:
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2018.03.005 = GHANI, U., CROWTHER, S., KAMAL, Y. and WAHAB, M. 2018. The significance of interfamilial relationships on birth preparedness and complication readiness in Pakistan. Women and birth [online], (accepted). Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2018.03.005.
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/2832 = ZHANG, Z., KIM, C., FERNANDEZ, C., SUNDARAM, M.M., RAMAKRISHNAPPA, T., WANG, Y., WANG, L., SUN, T. and HU, X. 2018. Adsorption removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution on carbon-coated Fe3O4 microspheres functionalized with chloroacetic acid. Science and engineering of composite materials [online], 25(2), pages 353-361. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1515/secm-2016-0138.
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/2831 = MUELLER-HIRTH, N. and RIOS OYOLA, S. 2018. Temporal persepctives on transitional and post-conflict societies. In Mueller-Hirth, N. and Rios Oyola, S. (eds.) Time and temporality in transitional and post-conflict societies. Abingdon: Routledge [online], chapter 1, pages 1-16. Available from: https://www.routledge.com/Time-and-Temporality-in-Transitional-and-Post-Conflict-Societies/Mueller-Hirth-Rios-Oyola/p/book/9781138631366.
Each School currently has the following number of records on OpenAIR (research data is in a separate diagram):
This month, there have been a total of 13,377 downloads from OpenAIR. The most downloaded items include:
The most downloaded theses this month include:
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/1450 = PRICE, J.F.R. 2016. The discourse of cultural leadership. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis. (358 downloads)
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/918 = IRVING, I. 2013. Curating as practice and profession: an exploration and definition of a contemporary independent curator. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis. (181 downloads)
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/714 = DAPAR, M.P. 2012. An investigation of the structures and processes of pharmacist prescribing in Great Britain: a mixed methods approach. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis. (179 downloads)
The above data were correct at the time of writing (27.03.2018).
The Library will open as usual over the Easter period –
Friday 30th March 08.00 – 20.00
Saturday 31st March 10.00 – 20.00
Sunday 1st April 10.00 -20.00
Monday 2nd April 08.00 – 22.30
24/7 library opening will start on Monday 9th April and continue until Friday 18th May
First Bus industrial action will continue this week – revised timetables can be found here
To help with evening travel to and from RGU the University Estates department will be running a complimentary mini bus service. This will depart from the ABS car park to Schoolhill only leaving at 20.30, 21.00, 21.30 & 22.00 Monday to Friday.
On Saturday 24th March all lights at RGU will be turned off for one hour from 8.30—9.30pm as the university takes part in WWF’s Earth Hour.
To allow this to take place the Library will close half an hour early at 7.30pm.