There is now a new procedure for you to access the content on the Architect’s Journal and Nursing Times websites.
The first time that you access the sites you will be asked to register and pick your own username and password. After that you will follow the link and sign in using the username and password you chose.
Please note you must make sure to use your @rgu.ac.uk email address when registering to identify you as an RGU student or staff member.
So simply follow these steps to get access:
- Go to the library home page: http://www.rgu.ac.uk/staff-and-current-students/library
- Enter the name of the journal in the “Find a Journal” search box and search
- From the list of reuslts locate the journal and click the “S” icon
- You will then be given a link and authentication instructions, click Go to be taken to the journal website
- If this is the first time you have accessed the website, register using your RGU email address and make sure to pick a username and password you will remember
- If you have already registered find the sign in link in the top right, click it and sign in
Groups of between 3 and 8 students can now book a librarian for an hour to help with finding information, Harvard and Vancouver referencing, and using RefWorks.
Just get a group together, pick one of the sessions on the timetable and then tell us what you need help with by using the booking form!
The sessions start on Tuesday 3rd November and they will take place in Project Pod Kappa on Level 4 of the GSS Learning Centre.
If you would like to see us individually please come along to one of the “Ask the Library” Drop-In Sessions and remember that our programme of Classes runs throughout the semester and you can sign up at any time.
We are pleased to report that the access problems for Taylor & Francis Journals have now been resolved and can be accessed as normal.
We apologise for the incovenience this caused and if you have any problems accessing our online resources please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently experiencing access problems to Taylor and Francis journals. This problem is being experienced by all users of the site and is being worked on by the company currently.
We apologise for the inconvenience and will report back when we have more information.
For the rest of this week there is a programme of library classes running that covers topics such as Harvard Referencing, RefWorks and Library Research Skills. Each class will last for one hour and take place in 337 in the Georgina Scott Sutherland Learning Centre. To see what is running and sign up simply follow this link:
In addition Ask The Library Drop-In Sessions will also be running in 337 at the following times:
- Tuesday 27th October 13.00-17.00
- Wednesday 28th October 09.00-13.00
- Thursday 29th October 13.00-17.00
- Friday 30th October 19.00-13.00
So you can call in to 337 at any of these times to get your questions about finding information or referencing answered.