RGU library is pleased to announce that we now have access to a new journal archive from the RCNi.
The collection includes journals from their start date until 2016 and covers the titles:
- Cancer Nursing Practice – 2000 – 2016
- Emergency Nurse – 1993 – 2016
- Learning Disability Practice – 1998 – 2016
- Mental Health Practice – 1997 – 2016
- Nurse Researcher – 1994 – 2016
- Nursing Children and Young People – 1988- 2016 (includes the journal Paediatric Nursing)
- Nursing Management – 1994 – 2016
- Nursing Older People – 1989 – 2016 (includes the journal Elderly Care)
- Nursing Standard – 1987 – 2016
- Primary Health Care – 1990 – 2016
These journals can be accessed from the database list under the title RCNi Journal Archive. Or alternatively the titles can be found individually on our main journals list which can be accessed from the library home page using the “Find a Journal” search box. Simply search for the journal title and then follow the links provided to get access to the journal contents
We are pleased to report that the problems reported last week with ScienceDirect have now been resolved by the company and PDFs and web pages should be accessible as normal.
However the company have advised that users clear their browsers of cookies before accessing ScienceDirect.
We apologise for the incovenience this caused and please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any queries at all.
We are sorry to report that the problems reported yesterday with ScienceDirect around downloading PDFs and accessing some pages are still ongoing.
Some potential workarounds are available but please be aware these have worked for some users but not all:
- While the PDF version of articles are not downloading, if you click the title of the article it will take you to the html version (if available) and you should be able to read the article.
- On campus try going to www.sciencedirect.com. As you are on campus it should recognise you as an RGU student without logging on and so you should be able to search for, access and download articles.
This problem continues to affect universities throughout the UK and the company is investigating with then to try and fix this problem.
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and will continue to update you as we know more.
We are sorry to report that there are currently issues with downloading PDFs and accessing pages from ScienceDirect with users frequently seeing an error message.
This is a problem affecting a range of universities and the company is working to fix the problem.
We apologise for the inconvenience and will update once we know more.
Welcome to the seventh monthly update on OpenAIR@RGU – RGU’s open access institutional repository. Please direct any queries to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The repository currently contains 2,252 records. Some examples of recent additions to the repository include the following outputs:
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/2413 = MCFADDEN, A., GAVINE, A., RENFREW, M.J., WADE, A., BUCHANAN, P., TAYLOR, J.L., VEITCH, E., RENNIE, A.M., CROWTHER, S.A., NEIMAN, S. and MACGILLIVRAY, S. 2017. Support for healthy breastfeeding mothers with healthy term babies. Cochrane database of systematic reviews [online], Issue 2, article number CD001141. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD001141.pub5
Each School currently has the following number of records on OpenAIR (research data is in a separate diagram):
This month, there have been a total of 4,827 downloads from OpenAIR. The most downloaded items include:
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/198 = TOURISH, D. and HARGIE, O. 2004. Communication audits: building world class communication systems. In OLIVER, S. (ed.) Handbook of Corporate Communication and Public Relations: Pure and Applied. London: Routledge, pages 131-144. (64 downloads)
The most downloaded theses this month include:
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/809 = SSENDI, L.B. 2013. Entrepreneurship Activities in Rural Tanzania: Understanding Women’s Micro Business. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis. (138 downloads)
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/792 = ROBERTSON, D.M. 2012. Critical Thinking and Clinical Reasoning in New Graduate Occupational Therapists: a Phenomenological Study. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis. (68 downloads)
- http://hdl.handle.net/10059/916 = ATOROUGH, P. 2013. Consumer Behaviour in Online Shopping: Understanding the Role of Regulatory Focus. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis. (55 downloads)
The above data were correct at the time of writing (24.07.2017).